Thursday, July 8, 2010

A Lesson in Patience

The dog days of summer are meant for popsicles and flip flops. I just read about yet another MS-er who is heading abroad for the Liberation treatment. I am on a few lists like every other person with MS who hasn't already been treated but I am sticking to North America and refuse to pay insane amounts of money for this treatment. I am almost on the waiting list to be scanned by ultra sound by Dr. Sandy MacDonald's team in Barrie. Almost on a waiting list because I sent a request from my doctor at the beginning of May and they have only started scheduling the requests received since the end of April. At this rate it may be awhile to even see if I am a candidate for treatment. I can understand why folks take the fast lane. Every time there is media coverage of another successful Liberation, it just fuels the fire. Fighting the good fight for me means remaining calm and happy despite the heat and purgatory of lists.

1 comment: