Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Kryptonite

Diane has returned from India. She was liberated again and this time "got a beautiful stent implanted snugly" in her left internal jugular vein. The 3 Perfect Days have not yet made an encore performance. The jet lag, heat and humidity may be the culprits. Some of us with MS know that the heat and humidity can up the ante on our symptoms. Fatigue and weakness can strike. For me, it is almost like the fog unfolding in a shower. My vision gets cloudy. When I first experienced this "cinematic event," I was in a running class at the gym and one by one my fellow classmates started to lose their heads in clouds of fog. Funny in a way, but scary. Thankfully, as I cooled down, a more typical scene re-appeared but that symptom is a moving target for me. No symptom is immune but they all seem to dance and want their turn in the spotlight. It is almost as though a chef is yelling out recipes at a square dance. "Let's take a hit of fatigue, with some vision fog...and then finishing with the grand finale -- a weak bladder!" "Ok now, let's start with muscle weakness..." Maybe it is not the same for others but my challenge is to remain calm during this parade.

No comments:

Post a Comment