Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Still broken

I was diagnosed with MS about 10 years ago. I was sent to a neurologist at a well-known clinic of experts. (A drug rep invited to learn from my diagnosis appointment, drug branded back pack sent) I was advised to go on the typical drugs. I followed the advice for two years. I got worse. I was told that if I didn't take a supposedly stronger drug, there was nothing they could do. I wanted to try a more natural approach. It seemed to work for a time. When I made this choice, I was on my own. No neuro, no clinic approval. Rogue. I tried a lot of things. Some things helped for awhile. Some choices led to darker outcomes.Recently, I decided to try Rehab. A combination of Physio, OT, etc.We will see if the skills they taught me over the 9 weeks or so do the trick. It is up to me to stay motivated.The lead doctor at the rehab hospital recommended a follow up with a neurologist. I thought another neurologist might have some insights to share. He set up a referral to a new neuro at the same clinic of experts.i recieved notice of a follow up with the same neurologist I saw 10 years ago. When I called to sort out the mix up, I was informed that that the request had been received but the clinic has a policy of not allowing patients to switch among the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment